- Open System Preferences (select the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner and the System Preferences)
- Select “Network” under the “Internet and Wireless” category
- Click the + icon on the sidebar
Note: If you can’t click the + (plus sign), click the padlock icon next to “Click the lock to make changes”. Enter the password for an administrator account on your Mac, and then click OK.
- A new window appears. Click on the ‘Interface’ menu to see the list of choices. Select VPN.
— As the VPN Type, select “PPTP”
— As the Service Name, enter “Banana VPN (PPTP)” or anything else.
— Click create
- Configuring the default settings:
— Leave the Configuration drop-down option as “Default”
— Server Address: Enter the server IP address provided in welcome email.
— Account Name: Enter your VPN username from welcome email.
— Encryption: Automatic
- Click on “Authentication settings”.
— Enter your password under “Password.” Click “OK.” — If not already selected, select “Show VPN status in menu bar”
- After pressing OK in step 6 you now click on “Advanced settings” make sure “Send all traffic over VPN connection” is checked and now click OK..
- Click Apply
- You may now securely connect via Wi-Fi or an Ethernet connection to our service by clicking “Connect”